Skip to main content

On My Way To A Graveyard by utkarsh sharma

                                                               

. On my way to a graveyard,
Which was just across the Kyle.
Though the thought curdled my dead blood,
But i merely gave a smile.

.The weather was sleety,
Though it wasn't the month of July.
But what is there to worry about,
When you're detached from the city, nearby.

. Eros, philos and agape,
were something from which I have always waived.
No wonder why their absence,
Have gradually led me to my grave.

.So pleasant was the smell of orchids,
So soft the land where once we bantered,
So cold is the air that went touching my coffin,
But no more....

.As i was lowered,
Even the maskmen sobbed.
And i assured myself,
That my cognizance will never be robbed.

.Now that I lay peacefully,
under the moonlight and sunny gay,
Nothing is better than the reverential silence,
That surrounds me here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Is About To End

Spring Is About To End High Time For Answers -Ashish Spring is about to end. The visitors had a good time and its time they return back to their reality. At breakfast they say that they would like to come back next year. Nearly all guest say the same thing when they go. A few faithfully return but for the most of them once is enough. ‘Overlook hotel’ has the most beautiful view of the valley in the whole County. Chilling weather with a huge shower of snow was a surprise for the new guests. There is an old graveyard on the road back of the hotel, nearly 1 mile away. Every Saturday I take a walk to the burial ground through the dead silent road. I sit next to the tombstone of Mrs. Whiteman. For now, she is in some sort of solitary confinement. I really want to dig deep in the ground to look for her and find out what’s really going on down there. Death no more lives here, as according to the records since last three years not a single corpse has been here. But there is an off...

A Good Deed (2/4)

A GOOD DEED -Utkarsh Sharma 2. Mayanagri (2/4)                              (image: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jogeshwari_railway_station) I arrived at Jogeshwari station which was about 25 kilometres from the city of Mumbai. The place was ten times more crowded than the biggest cattle shed in my village. Uncle Ramjit had sent me a text message earlier containing the full address of the ‘chawl’ where I can reside for a few weeks. I kept my luggage down so that I could take a look at the address from my mobile phone. ‘Chawl no 23. Station road, jogeshwari east, jogeshwari, Mumbai ’ I kept my mobile back in my pocket and bend to pick up my bags. A bolt out of the blue stuck me when I found one of my bags missing. I ran my eyes everywhere possible. The huge mass around me made it impossible to find an open space. My eyes ran, fastidiously, over every person to some distant. All in vai...

A Good Deed (3/4)

A GOOD DEED - Utkarsh Sharma 3. Chawl No. 23 (3/4) (image: www.flickr.com) Even though my bag was lost. I tried to console myself with the fact that I was going to get a job. Which will bring an end to all my sorrows. With this in mind I headed towards the address Uncle Ramjit gave me. I couldn’t take the train incident out of my mind during my way to the address Uncle Ramjit has sent. With a heavy heart and a sad face I reached the place. ‘Chawl no. 23.’ Uncle Ramjit was sitting outside in a chair with three other men. ‘Hi, Laxman!’ exclaimed Uncle Ramjit as he got up from his chair and gave me a tight hug. ‘Hello, Uncle Ramjit’ I said with a soft voice. ‘What happened, son?’ Uncle Ramjit sensed the aura of sadness I was surrounded by. I told him everything in detail. ‘Oh! So the city of Mumbai has already introduced herself to you’ He said with a little smile consoling me. ‘Cheer up, now. What happened is in the past now.’ He poi...